Monday, October 31, 2011

Dior Addict Lipstick

Hey everyone,
I'm really sorry for not posting for such a long time but I've been extremely busy with school and some other personal stuff, but I have a couple of reviews lined up and the Wednesday Wishes series will resume this week.
So I wanted to get back into the swing of things by reviewing the Dior Addict Lipstick in Créateur 445, I bought from Sephora during the 20% off sale, way back in April. Now since everything was 20% off, I thought it would be a good opportunity to buy something expensive for myself and was torn between the NARS Tzigane from the 2011 spring collection and the Dior shade.


The reason I didn't buy the former was because it matched my lips exactly, to the point that it didn't look like I had anything on my lips.
So anyways I went with the Dior Créateur shade which is described on the Sephora website as a nude and that, "...this hydrating and volumizing formula dresses lips with a veil of addicting color and spectacular shine." I thought this was going to be my go-to lipstick since it claimed to be a hydrating formula, and even though I really did want to love the product and tried it a number of times, unfortunately this was very disappointing and I really regret spending my money on it (I would've rather bought the Dior Amber Diamond Shimmer Star).
Before I get into the actual review, I would like to say that I absolutely adore the packaging, the lipstick bullet looks quite expensive and has a heavy feeling in your hand; I love the lipstick's cap and especially the "knob" of sorts with the CD logo. It looks gorgeous sitting on your vanity or dresser and I'm sure it'll catch a few people's attention when you pull it out of your purse!
Since this affects my review of the lipstick's formulation, I want to start off by saying that my lips are severely chapped/dehydrated throughout the year and are prone to a lot of painful peeling, so one of the first qualities I look for in a lipstick is a moisturizing/hydrating property. Having said so, the formula despite applying as a creamy consistency, is definitely not hydrating and on my severely chapped lips, the lipstick sort of sits as a glaze but without imparting any sort of moisture. Moreover, the gritty shimmer particles, accentuate the lines on my lips and even though they aren't terribly irritating, I feel it makes the lipstick look quite tacky; note: that the shimmer didn't show up when I swatched it on my hand but it is noticeable on the lips.
Now keep in mind, I was looking for a pinky-brown nude that would just add a touch of definition/color to my lips, nothing over the top, but the Dior shade appears more as a sheer, slightly strawberry pink which is a pretty shade and might be nice for summer and possibly on someone with a lighter skin tone. Overall, if you are looking for a designer lipstick without being particular about the moisturizing benefits, then definitely check out the Dior Addict line, but I'm sure there are less expensive products with a much better formula out there. Swatches are below and I hope you've enjoyed my review.











The shimmer is quite noticeable in this picture.










 Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment