Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tokidoki Perfetto Eyeliner

This long overdue post, is going to be my review of the Tokidoki Perfetto Eyeliner in Sabochan (available at Sephora). It's a pen-style liquid eyeliner, with quite a hard felt tip and at first looks like a shiny black line tracing your lash line but dries down to quite a matte finish.


Now keep in mind, I bought this in the summer of 2010 and obviously at that time didn't have a blog, but since it's a permanent product on Sephora, I decided to finally review the product.
One of the main reasons I bought this particular eyeliner was because of the hype around Tokidoki's arrival at Sephora (and I just had to own a product with such adorable graphics and product names) as well as my search for a liquid eyeliner that didn't require constantly dipping the applicator into the vial containing the actual product. I had previously owned Loreal's Carbon Black Lineur Intense (which I don't use anymore due to the company's animal-testing policies) as well as the Tarte Indelible Wink, and thought the new Perfetto eyeliner would be a quick liquid eyeliner without the messy application process.
So after owning it for approximately a year and a half, what do I have to say about it? Honestly, I loved it at first just because it was hassle free but now that I think about it, it's not worth buying for a few reasons; firstly the felt tip applicator is very hard and doesn't allow for any flexibility while tracing your upper lash line (it's hard enough to be somewhat uncomforable on the eye). Secondly the product dried up quickly, I think it started fading in less than 3 months even though it has a very tight-fitting cap and I didn't leave it open to dry out; although I do want to point out that after 12+ months, I tested it on the back of my hand, while taking pictures for the review and it did produce quite a fine line without pressing too hard or tugging at the skin. The pigmentation was quite decent, in that it didn't give me the blackest of black lines nor did it show up as a gray-black or blue-black either (note: I do prefer my black eyeliners to be ridiculously black!). Even though the Tarte eyeliner was much more expensive, I felt the $19 (CAD) was slightly pricy for such an average product; I did consider that it may have only been my eyeliner in particular that was a "lemon" since I bought it right when the entire product line released but I'm not sure if I would spend the money to test it out again. All in all, if you're looking for an eyeliner that has a firm tip, will give you a precise line without being overly runny and has adorable packaging, they maybe try it out at your local Sephora. Here are some product photos and swatches, I hope you've enjoyed reading!










No comments:

Post a Comment