Saturday, December 31, 2011

Best Beauty Products of 2011

With less than 8 hours to go for 2012, I thought I'd post some of my favourite beauty products from this year and even though I haven't reviewed each of them individually, I'll definitely be doing so in the next few months! So let's get started:

Best Blush: MAC Pinch Me Blush & MAC Sur Blush (from the Mickey Contractor collection in January 2011) - I reach for the first one constantly and it's an absolutely beautiful warm shade of pink. The second one, is another absolute favourite as well, but I hardly use it because it's limited edition and I unfortunately didn't pick up a backup :(

Best Eyeshadows: MAC Mulch, Satin Taupe, Sketch and Victoria Secret's Beauty Rush Eyeshadow in Bronzedinger - All of these are quite pigmented, although Sketch despite being a drop-dead gorgeous shade may be quite patchy in its application.

Best Eyeliner: Korres Eyeliner Pencil in Black & Marcelle's Pure Gold Lux Diamond Liquid Eyeliner - The Korres eyeliner is absolutely the softest kohl pencil eyeliner that can be smudged along the lashline for a soft 1-step smokey eye; it's also made of natural ingredients and my recent purchase of a second pencil is evidence of how much I love this beauty staple. The Marcelle eyeliner is an alternative to the traditional black eyeliner and it's perfect for festive looks, providing a beautiful shimmery gold accent to your eye look.

Best Mascara: Tokidoki Punk Lash in Sabochan and Clinique's Naturally Glossy Mascara - The first product in this category, was something I used in the beginning of the year and the only reason I stopped using it because I didn't want to go shell out another $23 for it but now that I've been using up my other mascaras, I'll definitely be picking up another Punk Lash in 2012! The Clinique product was a sample I received and I'm not sure if I love it solely because of the sample size of the wand which really lets me reach each individual lash or because of the product's formula instead, but so far I've been loving it this past year.

Best Lipstick & Lipgloss: Korres Mango Butter Lipstick in Natural Purple 25, NYX LSS in 513 Electra and Smashbox O-Gloss - The Korres lipstick is honestly my HG lip product, and with its sheer application, I'm more than comfortable using this is as my go-to lipstick. The NYX lipstick is one of the most pigmented lipsticks I've ever come across and is so unbelievably smooth in its application that my lips don't feel parched whatsoever; for someone who loves rocking a red lip, it's a no-brainer and an affordable choice! Lastly the Smashbox O-Gloss, is just a fun concept and with its silicone-like texture, my dry lips couldn't be happier.

Best Brow Enhancer: Clinique's Instant Lift for Brows - This has been the only brow-product I've used in the past few months to subtly fill in my eyebrows and with the dual-ended product, I can quickly highlight my brow bone with a beautiful, shimmery slightly-peachy champagne color.

That's my Best of 2011's Beauty Products, I definitely hope you'll try some of them and don't forget to share your beauty favourites from this past year in the comments below! Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment